First Official Look at Forest Whitaker as 'The Butler'
The first official image from "The Butler" has been released via Variety, giving a look at Forest Whitaker dressing in character as Eugene Allen. Pictured from the side, he's standing in a fancy room and appearing only in a silhouette form.
Based on Wil Haygood's Washington Post article "A Butler Well Served by This Election", the movie highlights the story of Allen, who started at the White House as a "pantry man" in 1952 when blacks weren't allowed to use public restrooms in his native Virginia.
He ended up serving eight presidents and had a unique front row seat as political and racial history was being made, from the Vietnam War and the civil rights movement to the assassinations of Martin Luther King Jr., President John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy Jr.
Oprah Winfrey co-stars as Gloria Gaines, who is the wife of Allen. Joining her and Whitaker in the cast ensemble are Alex Pettyfer, Robin Williams, Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda, Nicole Kidman, Terrence Howard, Cuba Gooding Jr. and many more.
The biopic is currently in production in New Orleans, Louisiana under the direction of Lee Daniels. The "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" helmer also writes the script along with Danny Strong.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes