First Official Look at Forest Whitaker as 'The Butler'
The first official image from "The Butler" has been released via Variety, giving a look at Forest Whitaker dressing in character as Eugene Allen. Pictured from the side, he's standing in a fancy room and appearing only in a silhouette form.
Based on Wil Haygood's Washington Post article "A Butler Well Served by This Election", the movie highlights the story of Allen, who started at the White House as a "pantry man" in 1952 when blacks weren't allowed to use public restrooms in his native Virginia.
He ended up serving eight presidents and had a unique front row seat as political and racial history was being made, from the Vietnam War and the civil rights movement to the assassinations of Martin Luther King Jr., President John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy Jr.
Oprah Winfrey co-stars as Gloria Gaines, who is the wife of Allen. Joining her and Whitaker in the cast ensemble are Alex Pettyfer, Robin Williams, Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda, Nicole Kidman, Terrence Howard, Cuba Gooding Jr. and many more.
The biopic is currently in production in New Orleans, Louisiana under the direction of Lee Daniels. The "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" helmer also writes the script along with Danny Strong.
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene