Rosie O'Donnell Survives Heart Attack, Feels 'Happy to Be Alive'
Rosie O'Donnell revealed that she suffered a heart attack last week. On "a semi-sunny Monday," she revisited the scary day in a blog post on her official website, saying how lucky she was to survive the heart attack. "Mish is sitting next to me. I am happy to be alive," she gushed.
The comedienne, who is resting at home now, opened up that she experienced pains after helping another woman get out of a car. "A few hours later my body hurt. I had an ache in my chest, both my arms were sore. Everything felt bruised," she explained.
"Muscular - I thought - strained or pulled tissue. I went about my day. The pain persisted," the 50-year-old TV show host continued detailing her ordeal. "I became nauseous. My skin was clammy. I was very very hot. I threw up."
She had suspicion that she might have a heart attack, so she "googled womens heart attack symptoms." It's revealed that she "had many of them," but she thought it couldn't be. "But really? - I thought - naaaa," she voiced her doubt back then.
She then took "some bayer aspirin," but didn't see a doctor until the next day. When she finally went to a cardiologist, the doctor did an EKG and then sent Rosie to a hospital for further treatment. "My LAD was 99% blocked. They call this type of heart attack the Widow maker. I am lucky to be here," she dished on.
"50% of women having heart attacks never call 911. 200,000 women die of heart attacks every year in the US. By some miracle I was not one of them," she gratefully said before adding, "Know the symptoms ladies. Listen to the voice inside. The one we all so easily ignore. CALL 911. Save urself."
Rosie had the heart attack just a few days after she postponed her wedding until next summer to give her fiancee, Michelle Rounds a.k.a Mish, time to recover from a surgery to remove desmoid tumors.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer