'Falling Skies' Bosses Discuss Hal's Implant, Anne's Pregnancy and More
"Falling Skies" has just wrapped up the second season with a lot of cliffhangers. Though the answers will only be provided in the next installment, some of the men behind the TNT hit series talk about the mysteries during a chat with Entertainment Weekly.
Showrunner Remi Aubuchon confirms that [SPOILER ALERT!] the parasite that crawled into Hal's ear is the same kind of thing that's extracted from Tom's eye in the second season premiere. Executive producer/writer Greg Beeman, however, refuses to say whether it means that Hal is controlled by the aliens or whether the thing is eating inside his brain.
The writers are more coy when talking about Anne's pregnancy. Scribe Heather Regnier hints that "Tom and Anne's baby could be different," and Beeman gushes, "Are sure it's gonna be human?" Executive producer David Weddle teases that "the aliens could've manipulated" a pregnancy, but Aubuchon insists, "I don't think it's an alien baby."
The season ender also saw the death of Red Eye. Revealing what the alien told Ben during its final moment, Aubuchon dishes, "What he's saying in essence is 'It's time now for you to be with your family. You've done a job.' " Of how the death of the rebellious skitter may affect Tom, Weddle says, "Tom is gonna face decision making at a whole new level."
Sharing their opinions on the new kind of alien that arrived at the end of the season 2 finale, Regnier teases, "They seemed friendly. They could be ally." Aubuchon chimes in, "It looks humanoid and looks like us more than any other creatures that have showed up in our planet."
Meanwhile, trying to end the long speculation about whether the harness turned the skitters into the six-legged creatures they become now, Aubuchon states, "Our take is that, no, that's what the skitters looked like."
He explains, "They were six-legged creatures on their planet, and basically they looked like that. What the harness does - it does a lot of things - but one of the side effects of it is that it creates a sort of exoskeleton around the creature itself."
"Falling Skies" season 3 will not premiere until 2013, but the cast and crew are going to kick off the production on Wednesday, August 22.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars