Tony Scott Commits Suicide, 'Numb3rs' and 'Good Wife' Stars Tweet Condolence
Tony Scott committed suicide by leaping off the Vincent Thomas Bridge in Los Angeles. The director was well known for directing Tom Cruise in "Top Gun" and executive producing CBS' TV dramas "Numb3rs" and "The Good Wife".
Soon after the news of his suicide broke out, "Good Wife" and "Numb3rs" stars tweeted condolence. Josh Charles of "Good Wife" wrote, "I'm deeply shocked and saddened by the news of Tony Scott's death and my thoughts and prayers are with his family tonight."
"Numb3rs" actor David Krumholtz added, "Shocked to hear of Tony Scott's tragic death. He was a sweet, and funny man who loved making movies. His vision for 'Numb3rs' was inspired." Fellow director Ron Howard additionally posted, "No more Tony Scott movies. Tragic day."
Tony jumped to his death Sunday, August 19 at about 12:30 P.M. local time. He parked his black Toyota Prius on one of the eastbound lanes of the bridge before climbing the fence on the south side and allegedly jumped to the river "without hesitation."
Police responded to 911 calls made by several eyewitnesses at around 12:35 P.M. Los Angeles Police Department worked with California Highway Patrol and U.S. Coast Guard to recover Tony's body. It was found at about 4:30 P.M. and sent to the county coroner's office.
"It's a dolorous task and we're working to treat the deceased with the utmost dignity and respect," said Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey. One lane of the eastbound side of the bridge reportedly was closed during the investigation.
The cops investigated Tony's death as a suicide. Notes were found at his office and inside his parked car near the bridge. The note at his office was a suicide letter, while the one inside his car contained contact information.
In addition to making big hit "Top Gun", Tony directed Tom in another successful project "Days of Thunder". His other directing credits included "The Last Boy Scout", "True Romance" and "Crimson Tide". His last movie "Unstoppable" was released in 2010.
The brother of "Prometheus" helmer Ridley Scott is survived by his wife Donna Scott and two children. He was 68 years old.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!