Anna Kendrick, Imogen Poots and Felicity Jones Eye a Lead Role in 'Captain America' Sequel
Captain America is looking for a new girl and some names have been thrown as the possible depicter. Sources tell New York Post that Anna Kendrick, Imogen Poots and Felicity Jones are currently the frontrunners to take the female lead role in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"
The coveted role, which is allegedly being fought over by the three actresses, is still kept a secret. However, there have been speculations that she's S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Sharon Carter, the niece of Peggy Carter. Peggy herself is the love interest of Steve Roger in "Captain America: The First Avenger" and was portrayed by Hayley Atwell.
Kendrick is featured as Jessica Stanley in the "Twilight Saga" film series, but it's her role in "Up in the Air" that led her to gain fame. Poots is best known for her portrayal of Tammy Harris in "28 Weeks Later", and recently starred in "Fright Night" remake. As for Jones, she is known to British audience through TV series "The Worst Witch", before starring alongside Ricky Gervais in "Cemetery Junction".
The "Captain America" sequel will bring back Chris Evans as the titular superhero. Anthony Mackie is cast as Steve Roger's trusted partner Falcon, while Joe and Anthony Russo are tapped to direct it. The movie is aimed for an April 4, 2014 release in the United States.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video