Anna Kendrick, Imogen Poots and Felicity Jones Eye a Lead Role in 'Captain America' Sequel
Captain America is looking for a new girl and some names have been thrown as the possible depicter. Sources tell New York Post that Anna Kendrick, Imogen Poots and Felicity Jones are currently the frontrunners to take the female lead role in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"
The coveted role, which is allegedly being fought over by the three actresses, is still kept a secret. However, there have been speculations that she's S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Sharon Carter, the niece of Peggy Carter. Peggy herself is the love interest of Steve Roger in "Captain America: The First Avenger" and was portrayed by Hayley Atwell.
Kendrick is featured as Jessica Stanley in the "Twilight Saga" film series, but it's her role in "Up in the Air" that led her to gain fame. Poots is best known for her portrayal of Tammy Harris in "28 Weeks Later", and recently starred in "Fright Night" remake. As for Jones, she is known to British audience through TV series "The Worst Witch", before starring alongside Ricky Gervais in "Cemetery Junction".
The "Captain America" sequel will bring back Chris Evans as the titular superhero. Anthony Mackie is cast as Steve Roger's trusted partner Falcon, while Joe and Anthony Russo are tapped to direct it. The movie is aimed for an April 4, 2014 release in the United States.
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?