Katie Holmes Never Banned by Tom Cruise to Take Suri to Meet Her Family
Amid report that Katie Holmes took her daughter Suri to Toledo, Ohio to hang out with her family, there's rumor that it was the first Suri met her cousins. The story was quickly dismissed by a source close to the actress. The source told PEOPLE "Katie visited Ohio with Suri many times" while she's married to Tom Cruise.
"To say Tom prevented anything is a gross lie. He not only didn't prevent [Suri having a relationship with Holmes' family] but encouraged it and paid for it!" the insider insisted. "The first several birthday parties Katie and Tom threw for Suri had the family and cousins come to town - all expenses were paid for by Tom."
The source claimed Suri always spent holidays with family members despite the parents' busy schedules. The little girl and her mother Holmes once were joined by Cruise's adopted children Bella and Connor on one Thanksgiving in Toledo when he was away to film his movie "Knight & Day".
Holmes' "entire family spent at least two Christmases with Tom and Katie in Telluride," the source added. The family gatherings were not limited only on holidays. "[He] also invited the family - cousins included - to New Orleans this past [spring] for the Final Four," the source dished on.
More Katie Holmes News
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS