Katie Holmes Never Banned by Tom Cruise to Take Suri to Meet Her Family
Amid report that Katie Holmes took her daughter Suri to Toledo, Ohio to hang out with her family, there's rumor that it was the first Suri met her cousins. The story was quickly dismissed by a source close to the actress. The source told PEOPLE "Katie visited Ohio with Suri many times" while she's married to Tom Cruise.
"To say Tom prevented anything is a gross lie. He not only didn't prevent [Suri having a relationship with Holmes' family] but encouraged it and paid for it!" the insider insisted. "The first several birthday parties Katie and Tom threw for Suri had the family and cousins come to town - all expenses were paid for by Tom."
The source claimed Suri always spent holidays with family members despite the parents' busy schedules. The little girl and her mother Holmes once were joined by Cruise's adopted children Bella and Connor on one Thanksgiving in Toledo when he was away to film his movie "Knight & Day".
Holmes' "entire family spent at least two Christmases with Tom and Katie in Telluride," the source added. The family gatherings were not limited only on holidays. "[He] also invited the family - cousins included - to New Orleans this past [spring] for the Final Four," the source dished on.
More Katie Holmes News
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'