Miss China Wen Xia Yu Wins 2012 Miss World Pageant
Miss China Wen Xia Yu won the Miss World beauty pageant 2012. At a ceremony held on Saturday, August 18 in the northeastern city of Ordos, China, the 23-year-old beat the other 115 contestants competing this year.
"When I was young I felt very lucky because so many people helped me and I hope in the future, I can help more children to feel lucky," Yu said why she deserves to win the title. When asked who should win, the music student said, "She should be a woman with kind heart and humility, who has simple values in complex world."
In the record-breaking year, as many as 116 representatives were vying for the crown this year. From Top 15, it was narrowed down straight to Top 7. Representatives of Jamaica, South Sudan, India, Australia, Brazil, China PR and Wales had 30 seconds each to address the judges and the audience.
Settling at the second and third places are Sophie Elizabeth Moulds of Wales and Jessica Michelle Kahawaty of Australia respectively. This is the second time China took home the Miss World honor, the last time being Zhang Zilin in 2007.
Next year, the pageant will be held in Bali, Indonesia.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017