Miss China Wen Xia Yu Wins 2012 Miss World Pageant
Miss China Wen Xia Yu won the Miss World beauty pageant 2012. At a ceremony held on Saturday, August 18 in the northeastern city of Ordos, China, the 23-year-old beat the other 115 contestants competing this year.
"When I was young I felt very lucky because so many people helped me and I hope in the future, I can help more children to feel lucky," Yu said why she deserves to win the title. When asked who should win, the music student said, "She should be a woman with kind heart and humility, who has simple values in complex world."
In the record-breaking year, as many as 116 representatives were vying for the crown this year. From Top 15, it was narrowed down straight to Top 7. Representatives of Jamaica, South Sudan, India, Australia, Brazil, China PR and Wales had 30 seconds each to address the judges and the audience.
Settling at the second and third places are Sophie Elizabeth Moulds of Wales and Jessica Michelle Kahawaty of Australia respectively. This is the second time China took home the Miss World honor, the last time being Zhang Zilin in 2007.
Next year, the pageant will be held in Bali, Indonesia.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie