Janet Jackson Believes Gossip Site Is Running Campaign to Defame Her
Janet Jackson is fighting off parties who make her and her family's name bad after the death of her brother Michael Jackson. Through her attorney, Blair Brown, the singer has accused gossip site TMZ of "false and defamatory" statements in the story of Michael's estate paying for Janet's condo.
"By this letter, I inform you that an article regarding my client that appeared on TMZ.com on August 14, 2012 is false and defamatory. That article is 'Michael Jackson Estate Offers to Pay for Janet Jackson's Condo'. Specifically, the article states that the Estate of Michael Jackson filed documents in the probate court requesting that the estate be permitted 'to foot a portion of the bill on Janet's mortgage on her posh Las Vegas condo'. That statement is false," the letter sent to TMZ's lawyers is read.
Janet made her point by writing, "The additional false story about Ms. Jackson this week on TMZ.com, posted with the knowledge that it would be repeated on hundreds of other websites, demonstrates, at a minimum, a pattern of reckless disregard for the truth in TMZ's reporting on Ms. Jackson and strongly suggests that TMZ is engaged in a malicious campaign to defame her."
Earlier this month, Janet and her siblings, Randy and Rebbie, also blamed Michael's estate for running smear campaign to make them look bad. These three were accused of kidnapping their mother Katherine Jackson.
More Janet Jackson News
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting