Al Roker Seems to Poke Fun at Matt Lauer Over Ann Curry Exit
Did Al Roker just take a dig at Matt Lauer when he appeared on "Today" show recently? The weather anchor of the NBC morning show sparked such question after cracking a joke about their "tradition" when he helped Lauer and Savannah Guthrie interview the U.S. Olympic female rowing team.
"The tradition here in New York is that you throw her in the Hudson River," Lauer told the winning team. Roker chimed in, "Which is different than in our tradition, which is to throw one of us under the bus." He then added with a laugh, "But that's another story."
Roker's quip hit close to home since Lauer was previously rumored as the one getting Ann Curry kicked out of the show. "Mr. Roker," Lauer and Ann's replacement Savannah scolded the weatherman. The remark was later excluded from the online footage officially released by NBC.
Al Roker's Quip:
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March