Mariah Carey and No Doubt Booked for NFL Kick-Off Concert
Mariah Carey and No Doubt are going to help kick off the 93rd season of NFL. The R&B diva as well as the rock band are all set to be openers at a live pre-game show taking place at Rockefeller Plaza on Wednesday, September 5.
Both music acts will perform at the hour-long show, which will air at 7:30 P.M. EST on NBC, before the first game of the season that pits the New York Giants against Dallas Cowboys at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
Carey is expected to showcase her latest single "Triumphant (Get 'Em)", and she has said she's thrilled to be performing in New York and is looking forward to making the season launch "even more festive." No Doubt, meanwhile, will sing their own new song "Settle Down". The band's drummer Adrian Young said he's excited to take part in the show.
Another famous music artist Cee-Lo Green will contribute to NFL in a different way. He is recording a song titled "I Love Football" to the tune of Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Bop" which will be used as an intro to NFL Network's "Thursday Night Football".
The new song will be debuted September 13 ahead of the game between Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. The Gnarls Barkley member also invites fans to send videos of them singing along to the new "Fanthem" chorus. Cuts of the videos will be included in a 90-second video clip which will open the show each week.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia