Mariah Carey and No Doubt Booked for NFL Kick-Off Concert
Mariah Carey and No Doubt are going to help kick off the 93rd season of NFL. The R&B diva as well as the rock band are all set to be openers at a live pre-game show taking place at Rockefeller Plaza on Wednesday, September 5.
Both music acts will perform at the hour-long show, which will air at 7:30 P.M. EST on NBC, before the first game of the season that pits the New York Giants against Dallas Cowboys at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
Carey is expected to showcase her latest single "Triumphant (Get 'Em)", and she has said she's thrilled to be performing in New York and is looking forward to making the season launch "even more festive." No Doubt, meanwhile, will sing their own new song "Settle Down". The band's drummer Adrian Young said he's excited to take part in the show.
Another famous music artist Cee-Lo Green will contribute to NFL in a different way. He is recording a song titled "I Love Football" to the tune of Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Bop" which will be used as an intro to NFL Network's "Thursday Night Football".
The new song will be debuted September 13 ahead of the game between Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. The Gnarls Barkley member also invites fans to send videos of them singing along to the new "Fanthem" chorus. Cuts of the videos will be included in a 90-second video clip which will open the show each week.
More Mariah Carey News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off