Mariah Carey and No Doubt Booked for NFL Kick-Off Concert
Mariah Carey and No Doubt are going to help kick off the 93rd season of NFL. The R&B diva as well as the rock band are all set to be openers at a live pre-game show taking place at Rockefeller Plaza on Wednesday, September 5.
Both music acts will perform at the hour-long show, which will air at 7:30 P.M. EST on NBC, before the first game of the season that pits the New York Giants against Dallas Cowboys at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
Carey is expected to showcase her latest single "Triumphant (Get 'Em)", and she has said she's thrilled to be performing in New York and is looking forward to making the season launch "even more festive." No Doubt, meanwhile, will sing their own new song "Settle Down". The band's drummer Adrian Young said he's excited to take part in the show.
Another famous music artist Cee-Lo Green will contribute to NFL in a different way. He is recording a song titled "I Love Football" to the tune of Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Bop" which will be used as an intro to NFL Network's "Thursday Night Football".
The new song will be debuted September 13 ahead of the game between Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. The Gnarls Barkley member also invites fans to send videos of them singing along to the new "Fanthem" chorus. Cuts of the videos will be included in a 90-second video clip which will open the show each week.
More Mariah Carey News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign