Mariah Carey and No Doubt Booked for NFL Kick-Off Concert
Mariah Carey and No Doubt are going to help kick off the 93rd season of NFL. The R&B diva as well as the rock band are all set to be openers at a live pre-game show taking place at Rockefeller Plaza on Wednesday, September 5.
Both music acts will perform at the hour-long show, which will air at 7:30 P.M. EST on NBC, before the first game of the season that pits the New York Giants against Dallas Cowboys at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
Carey is expected to showcase her latest single "Triumphant (Get 'Em)", and she has said she's thrilled to be performing in New York and is looking forward to making the season launch "even more festive." No Doubt, meanwhile, will sing their own new song "Settle Down". The band's drummer Adrian Young said he's excited to take part in the show.
Another famous music artist Cee-Lo Green will contribute to NFL in a different way. He is recording a song titled "I Love Football" to the tune of Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Bop" which will be used as an intro to NFL Network's "Thursday Night Football".
The new song will be debuted September 13 ahead of the game between Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. The Gnarls Barkley member also invites fans to send videos of them singing along to the new "Fanthem" chorus. Cuts of the videos will be included in a 90-second video clip which will open the show each week.
More Mariah Carey News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO