'Dexter' Season 7 Trailer Shows Deb and Dex's Solution to the Secret
The first full trailer of "Dexter" season 7 reveals the complication and Debra's immediate reaction after she finds out Dexter's true identity. The siblings go back and forth on how to solve their problem with Deb attempting to call the station for a backup. In the end, they burn the church in which Travis Marshall was killed by Dexter.
However, burning the place turns out to be the source of their later problems. LaGuerta finds one of Dexter's blood slides on the scene and immediately connects the dots with the Bay Harbor Butcher case which was closed in season 2 with Doakes as the serial killer.
The trailer also makes it as if Dexter will go to great length to keep his secret, including killing his sister. "If you don't get off my a**, something bad will happen," Dexter is heard saying. Debra later says, "My name have Lieutenant in front of it. I can't just turn my back on this."
During TCA tour last month, showrunner Scott Buck confirmed that killing a loved one is one of the ideas that cross Dexter's mind as a solution to his problem. "Dexter is a serial killer. The thought has to at least have crossed his mind at some point that that would be an easy solution to this problem," Buck said. "We don't shy away from the reality that there's no easy way to deal with this situation."
"Dexter" returns to Showtime on Sunday, September 30 at 9:00 P.M.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance