Disney Confirms 'The Avengers 2' May 1, 2015 Release Date
The report that "The Avengers 2" will hit theaters on May 1, 2015 has been confirmed by Disney. The follow up to record-grossing movie "The Avengers" is coming so late compared to the other Marvel movies because it depends on the cast's schedules.
The sequel will be written and directed by Joss Whedon. Disney announced last week that Whedon has "signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015." Apart from "Avengers", he would also develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC and contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel's cinematic universe.
In its official release date announcement, the Walt Disney Studios also hinted that there will be a new title for the project, writing it this time as "Untitled Marvel's Avengers Sequel".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival