Disney Confirms 'The Avengers 2' May 1, 2015 Release Date
The report that "The Avengers 2" will hit theaters on May 1, 2015 has been confirmed by Disney. The follow up to record-grossing movie "The Avengers" is coming so late compared to the other Marvel movies because it depends on the cast's schedules.
The sequel will be written and directed by Joss Whedon. Disney announced last week that Whedon has "signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015." Apart from "Avengers", he would also develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC and contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel's cinematic universe.
In its official release date announcement, the Walt Disney Studios also hinted that there will be a new title for the project, writing it this time as "Untitled Marvel's Avengers Sequel".
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video