Elvis Presley's Wife and Daughter Attend 35th Anniversary of His Death
Elvis Presley was remembered by his loyal devotees in a candlelight vigil for the 35th anniversary of his death. His ex-wife Priscilla surprised the crowd gathering at Graceland when she showed up with daughter Lisa Marie Presley. It marked the first time the mother-daughter duo attended the memorial event together.
"This is something that Elvis would never ever have believed could have taken place here," Priscilla said. Lisa explained she didn't attend past events because she's afraid that she couldn't contain her emotion. "I've always avoided this because I felt that it would be too emotional, but I really felt it was important to come down here tonight," she stated. "I love you very, very, very much."
Elvis passed away on August 16, 1935 at the age of 42 due to a heart attack after battling prescription-drug issue. He's remembered every year in such a vigil event since 1980. People came to his mansion in Memphis, Tennessee, lit candles, drew his face on the street, and laid flowers on the gravesite where he's laid near his father Vernon, mother Gladys, and grandmother Minnie.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion