Elvis Presley's Wife and Daughter Attend 35th Anniversary of His Death
Elvis Presley was remembered by his loyal devotees in a candlelight vigil for the 35th anniversary of his death. His ex-wife Priscilla surprised the crowd gathering at Graceland when she showed up with daughter Lisa Marie Presley. It marked the first time the mother-daughter duo attended the memorial event together.
"This is something that Elvis would never ever have believed could have taken place here," Priscilla said. Lisa explained she didn't attend past events because she's afraid that she couldn't contain her emotion. "I've always avoided this because I felt that it would be too emotional, but I really felt it was important to come down here tonight," she stated. "I love you very, very, very much."
Elvis passed away on August 16, 1935 at the age of 42 due to a heart attack after battling prescription-drug issue. He's remembered every year in such a vigil event since 1980. People came to his mansion in Memphis, Tennessee, lit candles, drew his face on the street, and laid flowers on the gravesite where he's laid near his father Vernon, mother Gladys, and grandmother Minnie.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune