Chad Ochocinco Dropped by Zico Coconut Water
Chad Ochocinco lost another source of his income. TMZ reported that Zico coconut water followed the footsteps of Miami Dolphins to distance themselves from the football player by cutting his endorsement deal, just a few days after he was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence.
"In light of recent events involving Mr. Johnson, we have decided to terminate our relationship," a representative for Zico said. "The values we espouse, through our employees, our customers and our brand, are central to our mission. We have taken this proactive step to demonstrate just how important those values are."
Chad was accused of head-butting his wife Evelyn Lozada. He was signed to the Dolphins two months before the incident, and was immediately fired after his arrest. His marriage to Evelyn was short-lived as well since she had filed for divorce from him. On top of that, their reality show originally planned to show their wedding ceremony got canceled.
"I haven't had to tread water in a long time... special thank you to my fans...family...friends for keeping me afloat...," Chad recently tweeted. He additionally said in a statement, "I would like to apologize to everyone for the recent events that have occurred. ... I will continue to be positive and train hard for another opportunity in the NFL."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked