Joe Jonas Explains Why Taylor Swift's New Breakup Song Is Not About Him
The mystery guy in Taylor Swift's new breakup single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is yet to be revealed, but Joe Jonas is adamant it's not him. The Jonas Brothers member, who dated Taylor in 2008, rules out the possibility that he might be the guy because the lyrics of the song don't fit their story.
"I can say it's not about me, because I don't think we've ever tried another time," Joe says when asked on 94.7 Fresh FM whether the guy is him or John Mayer. "I can tell you it's not about me," he insists before quickly adding, "I like the song. That said, I think the song is great...Taylor does pop music really well and I'm happy for her."
Taylor is believed singing about Joe in her 2008 song "Forever and Always". When asked how things between them now, he says they kept in touch "as much as we can." He adds, "I haven't really spoken to her recently, but I was able to go to her concert last year, and her show live is so phenomenal... I think we're cool. It's pretty years removed."
Taylor is currently dating Conor Kennedy, 18. Although the 22-year-old singer was previously linked to Taylor Lautner and Jake Gyllenhaal as well, people seem to focus more on Joe and John because she hints that that the guy is a musician just like her. "And you, will hide away and find your piece of mine with some indie record that's much cooler than mine," part of her lyrics read.
In a recent interview, she said of her unnamed ex, "This guy walks in who is a friend of my ex's and starts talking about how he's heard we're going to get back together. And that was not the case." She continued, "So I start telling them the story: break up, get back together, break up, get back together - just, ugh, the worst! And I picked up the guitar and Max said, 'This is what we're writing'."
More Joe Jonas News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says