Jennifer Aniston Cried When Justin Theroux Proposed to Her
Details of Jennifer Aniston's engagement to Justin Theroux were revealed. Us Weekly reported that his proposal was "simple," but it's enough to make her crying tears of happiness. He popped the question during a dinner date at Blue Hill in Greenwich Village on August 10, which happened to be his 41st birthday.
The couple looked "like a long-term couple in love," a source told PEOPLE. After Aniston said yes, they called their families and close friends to share the good news. "Everyone is really excited for them," another insider said. "It's amazing to see how happy Justin makes Jen, and everyone was always hoping that he would propose."
Her father John Aniston previously sparked question when he said he didn't know about the engagement, but her rep quickly clarified it. "John did know about the engagement but did not know when we would go public with it, so when he was caught off guard on the phone, he didn't want to be tricked, so he pretended not to know," the rep said.
Rumor suggested Theroux presented "a huge emerald-cut diamond" ring with "a rectangle with tapered diamond baguettes on the sides" to Aniston. Public hasn't got a look at the ring though. The actress was in her character when she was back to work on "We're the Millers" set for the first time since the engagement was announced.
Aniston, 43, and Theroux have been dating for more than a year. Commenting on their chemistry, a friend gushed, "They have the same low-key attitude about life. They just click and complement each other." Of the engagement, a friend of Theroux's claimed, "He's been dying to do it. His friends knew it was coming."
Aniston's ex-boyfriend Bradley Cooper was happy for her. "That's awesome!" he reportedly said. This will be a second marriage for her, but the first for Theroux. She was previously married to Brad Pitt, who is now engaged to Angelina Jolie. After divorcing him, she was linked to some Hollywood stars including Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson.
More Jennifer Aniston News
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes