Jennifer Aniston Cried When Justin Theroux Proposed to Her
Details of Jennifer Aniston's engagement to Justin Theroux were revealed. Us Weekly reported that his proposal was "simple," but it's enough to make her crying tears of happiness. He popped the question during a dinner date at Blue Hill in Greenwich Village on August 10, which happened to be his 41st birthday.
The couple looked "like a long-term couple in love," a source told PEOPLE. After Aniston said yes, they called their families and close friends to share the good news. "Everyone is really excited for them," another insider said. "It's amazing to see how happy Justin makes Jen, and everyone was always hoping that he would propose."
Her father John Aniston previously sparked question when he said he didn't know about the engagement, but her rep quickly clarified it. "John did know about the engagement but did not know when we would go public with it, so when he was caught off guard on the phone, he didn't want to be tricked, so he pretended not to know," the rep said.
Rumor suggested Theroux presented "a huge emerald-cut diamond" ring with "a rectangle with tapered diamond baguettes on the sides" to Aniston. Public hasn't got a look at the ring though. The actress was in her character when she was back to work on "We're the Millers" set for the first time since the engagement was announced.
Aniston, 43, and Theroux have been dating for more than a year. Commenting on their chemistry, a friend gushed, "They have the same low-key attitude about life. They just click and complement each other." Of the engagement, a friend of Theroux's claimed, "He's been dying to do it. His friends knew it was coming."
Aniston's ex-boyfriend Bradley Cooper was happy for her. "That's awesome!" he reportedly said. This will be a second marriage for her, but the first for Theroux. She was previously married to Brad Pitt, who is now engaged to Angelina Jolie. After divorcing him, she was linked to some Hollywood stars including Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson.
More Jennifer Aniston News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'