Jay-Z Plans New Movie With Oscar Winners Ron Howard and Brian Grazer
Jay-Z is planning a movie project with not just one but two Oscar winners. The Roc Nation boss is teaming up with director Ron Howard and producer Brian Grazer to make a documentary of his upcoming "Made in America" music festival.
Explaining the documentary project, Grazer tells NY Post's Page Six, "The festival showcases 20 pre-eminent artists that speak to the new generation." He adds, "I am producing the film with Steve Stoute and Jay. Ron is directing."
"It is going to be born through Jay-Z's perspective... how he puts the event together. Jay stayed the king for a very long time... I can't even begin to explain how he is capable of remaining relevant," the producer gushes. "He is a phenom, like a musical Michael Jordan."
Jigga's "Made in America" fest will be held on September 1 and 2. The performers will include the likes of Drake, Pearl Jam, Run DMC, Skrillex, Rick Ross, Miike Snow, Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All and Janelle Monae.
The news about the untitled Jay-Z documentary project comes hot on the heels of report that his wife Beyonce Knowles is planning to direct, produce and star in a documentary film about her life and career.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande