Jay-Z Plans New Movie With Oscar Winners Ron Howard and Brian Grazer
Jay-Z is planning a movie project with not just one but two Oscar winners. The Roc Nation boss is teaming up with director Ron Howard and producer Brian Grazer to make a documentary of his upcoming "Made in America" music festival.
Explaining the documentary project, Grazer tells NY Post's Page Six, "The festival showcases 20 pre-eminent artists that speak to the new generation." He adds, "I am producing the film with Steve Stoute and Jay. Ron is directing."
"It is going to be born through Jay-Z's perspective... how he puts the event together. Jay stayed the king for a very long time... I can't even begin to explain how he is capable of remaining relevant," the producer gushes. "He is a phenom, like a musical Michael Jordan."
Jigga's "Made in America" fest will be held on September 1 and 2. The performers will include the likes of Drake, Pearl Jam, Run DMC, Skrillex, Rick Ross, Miike Snow, Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All and Janelle Monae.
The news about the untitled Jay-Z documentary project comes hot on the heels of report that his wife Beyonce Knowles is planning to direct, produce and star in a documentary film about her life and career.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy