Jay-Z Plans New Movie With Oscar Winners Ron Howard and Brian Grazer
Jay-Z is planning a movie project with not just one but two Oscar winners. The Roc Nation boss is teaming up with director Ron Howard and producer Brian Grazer to make a documentary of his upcoming "Made in America" music festival.
Explaining the documentary project, Grazer tells NY Post's Page Six, "The festival showcases 20 pre-eminent artists that speak to the new generation." He adds, "I am producing the film with Steve Stoute and Jay. Ron is directing."
"It is going to be born through Jay-Z's perspective... how he puts the event together. Jay stayed the king for a very long time... I can't even begin to explain how he is capable of remaining relevant," the producer gushes. "He is a phenom, like a musical Michael Jordan."
Jigga's "Made in America" fest will be held on September 1 and 2. The performers will include the likes of Drake, Pearl Jam, Run DMC, Skrillex, Rick Ross, Miike Snow, Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All and Janelle Monae.
The news about the untitled Jay-Z documentary project comes hot on the heels of report that his wife Beyonce Knowles is planning to direct, produce and star in a documentary film about her life and career.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard