Kelsey Grammer Says He's Snubbed by Emmys for Being Republican
Kelsey Grammer has a quite controversial opinion on why he didn't get a nomination at this year's Primetime Emmy Awards, though his role on "Boss" led him to win a Golden Globe Award. Stopping by "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Tuesday night, August 14, the actor said that the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences might snub him because he's a Republican.
"It's hard to figure... It may have to do with several things, honestly, but I think it's possible... I'm a declared out-of-the-closet Republican in Hollywood," he told Jay Leno. "Do I believe it's possible that some young person, young voting actor - or even older voting member for the Emmys - would sit there and go, 'Yeah, that's a great performance, but ooh, I just hate everything he stands for?' I don't believe that's possible," he said sarcastically.
When the host pointed out that Grammer had won five Emmys before, the former "Frasier" star claimed he just became a Republican after winning the last one in 2006. He added with sarcasm, "Obviously I've been overlooked because the work is not up to standard."
Despite Grammer's claim that he became an out-of-the-closet Republican after 2006, American Spectator magazine had reported in 2001 that he donated $100,000 to the inauguration committee for President Bush. The 57-year-old actor also endorsed Rudy Giuliani in the 2008 presidential primary, and later supported John McCain in the general election.
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body