Robert Downey Jr.'s On-Set Injury Delays 'Iron Man 3' Production
Bad news has come from the set of "Iron Man 3". Marvel Studios has officially announced that the film's leading actor Robert Downey Jr. has suffered a minor injury while shooting a scene in North Carolina. Due to the incident, the production must be halted temporarily on Wednesday, August 15.
"Robert Downey Jr. sustained an ankle injury on the set of Iron Man 3 in Wilmington, North Carolina while performing a stunt," so the studio explains in a statement. "There will be a short delay in the production schedule while he recuperates."
Aside from Wilmington, the third "Iron Man" flick is set to be shot in some other locations in Raleigh/Durham, Miami, Florida and China. Walt Disney Pictures will release the Marvel superhero movie in the United States on May 3, 2013.
Directed by Shane Black, "Iron Man 3" still hasn't unveiled its plot. However, the story reportedly will be loosely based on Warren Ellis' six-issue "Extremis" comic book series, which presents a new origin story that focuses on nanotechnology.
Joining Downey Jr. in the cast ensemble are Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle who return as Pepper Potts and Rhodey respectively. Ben Kingsley, Guy Pearce and Jon Favreau are also on board to support the film.
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer