Robert Downey Jr.'s On-Set Injury Delays 'Iron Man 3' Production
Bad news has come from the set of "Iron Man 3". Marvel Studios has officially announced that the film's leading actor Robert Downey Jr. has suffered a minor injury while shooting a scene in North Carolina. Due to the incident, the production must be halted temporarily on Wednesday, August 15.
"Robert Downey Jr. sustained an ankle injury on the set of Iron Man 3 in Wilmington, North Carolina while performing a stunt," so the studio explains in a statement. "There will be a short delay in the production schedule while he recuperates."
Aside from Wilmington, the third "Iron Man" flick is set to be shot in some other locations in Raleigh/Durham, Miami, Florida and China. Walt Disney Pictures will release the Marvel superhero movie in the United States on May 3, 2013.
Directed by Shane Black, "Iron Man 3" still hasn't unveiled its plot. However, the story reportedly will be loosely based on Warren Ellis' six-issue "Extremis" comic book series, which presents a new origin story that focuses on nanotechnology.
Joining Downey Jr. in the cast ensemble are Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle who return as Pepper Potts and Rhodey respectively. Ben Kingsley, Guy Pearce and Jon Favreau are also on board to support the film.
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!