One More Cast Member Leaving 'Saturday Night Live'
"Saturday Night Live" is losing one more cast member as Abby Elliott is making her exit. The comedienne confirmed her departure to Splitsider.com after four years with the variety show.
Elliott, daughter of "SNL" alum Chris Elliott, joined the show in 2008. She was famous for impersonating Khloe Kardashian, Angelina Jolie, Zooey Deschanel and "The Hunger Games" character Katniss Everdeen. No reason of leaving has been provided.
The NBC program has already let go Kristen Wiig and Andy Samberg. Producers may now have to look for one more replacement when auditioning for new cast members for the show. The new season will begin on September 15 with primetime election specials on September 20 and 27.
Jason Sudeikis said he is interested in coming back to the show but he would like to have a different role. "I'd like the opportunity to use creative muscles that ... haven't been asked of me for the first nine years that I've worked there," he said earlier this month.
More Saturday Night Live News
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech