Lady GaGa Confuses PETA With 'Turncoat' Message
Lady GaGa comes under fire from PETA after she's spotted wearing what looked like real-fur outfits in several occasions. The Mother Monster once told Ellen DeGeneres that she would never wear fur because she hated it, but now she sends a message that confuses the animal-right organization.
PETA senior VP, Dan Mathews, pointed out three outfits GaGa wore; a Michael Kors fur she donned in London last year, a hot-pink Giorgio Armani fur coat she had last week, and a wolf carcass she rocked in the poster of her movie "Machete Kills". He questioned the singer, "What happened? Are your stylists telling you that it's fake, or are you a turncoat?"
"Many gays are animal advocates because we recognize that the same arrogance and indifference that some have toward animal suffering has at times been directed toward us personally because of our orientation. PETA has long participated in Pride events around the country, and just last week, we helped lead protests against Chick-fil-A."
Dan continued, "But by wearing those dumb furs in a heat wave, you're making yourself a target just like the mindless Kim Kardashian. As we plan our fall campaigns, please tell us whether what you gracefully told Ellen was heartfelt or just a pose."
In response to the swirling question, GaGa tweeted, "For those press and such who are writing about whether or not my fur is actually real. Please don't forget to credit the designer HERMES. Thank You! LOVE, gaga." She stepped out in Bulgaria wearing a Hermes fur coat while holding a puppy in her arm.
More Lady GaGa News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special