Chad Ochocinco's Reality Show Canceled After Domestic Violence Arrest
In the wake of Chad Ochocinco's arrest for domestic battery case, VH1 has decided to drop his reality show "Ev and Ocho". The network tells TMZ, "Due to the unfortunate events over the weekend and the seriousness of the allegations, VH1 is pulling the series 'Ev and Ocho' from its schedule and has no current plans of airing it."
Eleven episodes of the show had been produced with the first episode originally planned to premiere on September 3. It chronicled Chad's engagement and eventual wedding to Evelyn Lozada, who stars on VH1's "Basketball Wives".
While VH1 decides to shy away from the former football wide receiver, HBO will likely address his dismissal from the Miami Dolphins in the second episode of "Hard Knocks" which will air Tuesday, August 14 at 10 P.M. The show has followed the 34-year-old, who is also known as Chad Johnson, during his 62-day stay with the Dolphins.
Chad was arrested on Saturday night after allegedly head-butting Evelyn, whom he just married on July 4. The former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant was released the next morning after posting $2,500 bail.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story