Nicolas Cage and Clint Eastwood Approached to Join 'Expendables 3'
"The Expendables" movie series may add more notable actors to its cast ensemble for the third movie. Producer Avi Lerner reveals that he's been in talks with the likes of Nicolas Cage, Clint Eastwood and Harrison Ford to cast them in a possible "Expendables 3".
"We've approached Clint Eastwood to be one of the guys, we've got a character in mind for him," Lerner tells Total Film. "We're talking to Harrison Ford. [And we want] Wesley Snipes when he comes back from prison. I'll give you one more name, we've got Nicolas Cage to play [one of the characters]."
Furthermore, Lerner opens up that he has a plan to bring Mickey Rourke back to the third installment. "And we're going to bring Mickey Rourke back, if he won't be too crazy. I like Mickey. And of course, all the existing stars [will return]," he dishes.
During Lerner's interview with Total Film, Jean-Claude Van Damme reportedly wanders over to say hello to the producer. "Thank you for everything Avi, and thank you for Expendables 3!" so he says to which the producer replies, "We can bring your twin brother!" Though Lerner seems to be joking, that somehow unveils how Van Damme, who plays the villain in the second film, will be brought back to the follow-up pic.
"The Expendables 2" will open in the U.S. this Friday, August 17. In addition to Van Damme, the star-studded actioner is supported by Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jet Li, Chuck Norris, Liam Hemsworth, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews and Randy Couture.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival