Robert Pattinson Consoled Over Kristen Stewart Breakup With Ice Cream
While Kristen Stewart continues to avoid media glare following her tryst with Rupert Sanders, Robert Pattinson put on brave face on August 13 for an interview on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart". The actor reportedly looked anxious, but Jon Stewart helped break the tension by offering him an ice cream.
"Kristen's name was never even mentioned and it definitely seemed like Jon was giving him a break," an audience member told Us Weekly. "Jon brought out the ice cream for him and Rob to eat, almost like Jon was feeding it to Rob to help him get through a breakup . . . Jon didn't ask anything about Kristen but it was obvious that was what the ice cream was for."
"How are you doing?" Jon reportedly asked. Although he didn't mention anything about Kristen's scandalous affair with the married director, Robert knowingly replied, "I intend not to say anything." Noticing that his guest was nervous, Jon didn't pry any further. Instead, he joked that they were "just two gals catching up."
Jon also consoled Robert, "A breakup can really feel like the end of the world to a young person, doesn't it?" When the actor nodded, "It is," the audience broke into a chorus of "awwwwww," which he quickly amended, "That's not what I meant!" Before the taping ended, the host said, "I wish you the best, these things happen when you're young."
After stopping by Jon's show, Robert attended "Cosmopolis" premiere at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. Wearing a blue suit, he smiled to the awaiting fans and photographers, "Thank you, guys, for being here." He will next visit the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday and "Good Morning America" on the next day.
Like his chat with Jon, his upcoming appearances reportedly will strictly be a promotion for his new movie. "It has been made clear to producers at 'The Daily Show' and 'Good Morning America,' where Rob will appear Wednesday, that the interview is to promote his new movie 'Cosmopolis'," a TV insider told Huffington Post.
"He could have easily canceled, which gives him a lot of power to make sure the interviews don't end up focusing only on his personal life," one TV host said. "He knows he's going to get asked the question and will have a prepared answer for it, then after that he will move on to talking about his film. ... Both shows are total pros and will handle the situation with class."
More Robert Pattinson News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones