Kristin Chenoweth Leaves 'The Good Wife' After Injured on Set
Kristin Chenoweth is forced to drop out of "The Good Wife" after injured on the set of the show last month. As she focuses on her recovery, the Broadway actress has announced that she left her recurring role on the CBS drama series vacant.
"It is with deep regret to inform everyone that due to my injuries, I am unable to return to The Good Wife at this time," she said in statement to PEOPLE, before adding, "[I'm] getting better slowly, and thank you everyone for your concern."
Despite her departure, Chenoweth will be seen in the premiere episode of season 4, which will air Sunday, September 30 at 9 P.M., as a political reporter who wants to find out all the details on Peter Florrick's campaign for governor, as well as his and Alicia's marriage. She was supposed to return in the third, fourth and fifth episode, creator Robert King revealed in July.
It remains uncertain whether producers will recast the role or feature a new character to fill the void. CBS, meanwhile, has stated, "We enjoyed having Kristin on the show and would love to have her back when she's feeling better."
Chenoweth sustained injuries on the head after being hit by a lighting equipment during the filming of the Julianna Margulies-starring drama on July 11 in Brooklyn, New York. She was rushed to a hospital where she stayed overnight.
The former "GCB" star has since informed fans about her condition via Twitter. "Today not best 'pain' day. Remaining positive. (I think)," she wrote on August 8.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz