Alice Krige Lands Role in 'Thor: The Dark World'
While "Thor: The Dark World" gets closer to kick off its filming, Walt Disney Pictures still hasn't revealed the new cast members of the film other than Christopher Eccleston. However, Comic Book Movies has shared that "Solomon Kane" actress Alice Krige has joined the cast ensemble of the second God of Thunder movie.
Krige reportedly announced her involvement in the "Thor" sequel when attending a lengthy panel at this year's Star Trek: Las Vegas convention. Refusing to reveal which character she would play, the South African actress did mention that she "may not be recognizable" in the upcoming movie.
The hint suggested that her role would be some sort of creature that required make-up and prosthetics. It was speculated that the actress best known for playing Borg Queen in "Star Trek: First Contact" would be starring as Alflyse, Queen of the Dark Elves, considering that Eccleston has been confirmed as Malekith the Accursed.
"Thor 2" has been rumored to involve the Dark Elves and said to be shot underground. It has been reported that the sequel was set to be filmed this summer in some long tunnels in London. In Marvel comics, the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim are living in caverns and underground places.
Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins are all set to return to the cast ensemble. The film is skedded to arrive in the U.S. theaters on November 15, 2013.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017