Frank Ocean Abruptly Cancels Tour With Coldplay, Says 'I Feel Like an A**hole Right Now'
Frank Ocean won't be performing in Europe with Coldplay after all. Billboard reports that on Saturday, August 11, the Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All rapper abruptly canceled 15 European dates, including a stadium tour with the British band and a scheduled performance at the Way Out West festival in Sweden.
Confirming the report was the Swedish festival organizer, which posted a statement on its official site, "Frank Ocean has just informed us that he will be unable to perform this evening at Way Out West." It continued, "Both Frank Ocean and we hoped for the best, but unfortunately he will not be performing."
Ocean himself also offered an apology for suddenly canceling his scheduled performances and explained, "Let me start by saying I feel like an a**hole right now." He went on, "But a tough decision had to be made in regard to my schedule over the next months and the casualties of that decision include my appearances at upcoming festivals in Europe and my opening slot on the European leg of the Coldplay world tour. Sorry as f***, I'll be back if you'll have me."
In addition to Way Out West, the "Thinkin Bout You" singer dropped out of the Flow Festival, Pukkelpop, V Festival and Bestival. He was last seen performing at the Oya Festival in Norway last Friday, but cut short his show after delivering four songs. At that time, festival announcers said the 24-year-old artist had a vocal problem.
On Sunday morning, Ocean shared an update to his fans on Twitter. Writing from France, the New Orleans-born musician posted, "6:40 in Paris. I told myself i would sleep at midnight to beat the jetlag. Which i did, but i woke up at 5am for no reason. No matter."
More Frank Ocean News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences