Video: Spice Girls' Reunion and Queen's Duet With Jessie J at Olympic Closing Ceremony
Some of the most famous British musicians gathered for the closing ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics on Sunday, August 12. As it had been expected, the reunited Spice Girls took the stage to cater the crowd with their hit singles "Wannabe" and "Spice Up Your Life". Victoria Adams, Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton, Melanie C and Geri Halliwell were singing atop cabs toward the end of their set.
Delivering another energetic performance were Queen and Jessie J. Guitarist Brian May opened it with a jam session before the "LaserLight" songstress joined him and drummer Roger Taylor for a rendition of "We Will Rock You". The late Freddie Mercury, meanwhile, made appearance through a video played during the event.
Jessie J also collaborated with Tinie Tempah and Taio Cruz to cover the Bee Gees' classic "You Should Be Dancing" after performing their own respective hit singles ("Price Tag", "Written in the Stars" and "Dynamite"). The show also paid tribute to legendary singer John Lennon by featuring a children choir singing his hit "Imagine", before a video of him performing the song was played.
Such veteran artists as George Michael, former Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher, Muse and Annie Lennox made the night merrier, while One Direction and Ed Sheeran were called out that night to represent today's popular acts. The Beatles' song "I Am the Walrus" was also heard that night as Russell Brand led the crowds to sing along with him.
Spice Girls' "Wannabe" and "Spice Up Your Life":
Queen and Jessie J's "We Will Rock You":
More Spice Girls News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'