Chad Ochocinco Released From Jail, Wife Released From Hospital
Chad Ochocinco was released from jail on Sunday, August 12 morning after posting $2,500 bail. He was arrested on Saturday night for allegedly head-butting wife Evelyn Lozada during a heated argument.
The NFL star walked out of Broward County jail at 10 A.M. with his attorney Adam Swickle and was greeted by his brother, TMZ said. Ochocinco, who changed his name back to Chad Johnson after marrying Lozada earlier this year, did not reply questions thrown by reporters waiting outside the facility. He walked right away to a waiting SUV.
According to the AP, Swickle told the reporters that the athlete has been ordered not to contact Lozada. This is common in the case of domestic violence.
Meanwhile, Lozada has also been discharged from the West Side Regional Hospital that same morning. She reportedly had lacerations on her forehead and was treated at the ER for several hours. Words are, she is staying with close friends.
No word yet on a court date. If convicted, Ochocinco faces a maximum penalty of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine with possibility of community service, probation or anger management classes.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective