Chad Ochocinco Released From Jail, Wife Released From Hospital
Chad Ochocinco was released from jail on Sunday, August 12 morning after posting $2,500 bail. He was arrested on Saturday night for allegedly head-butting wife Evelyn Lozada during a heated argument.
The NFL star walked out of Broward County jail at 10 A.M. with his attorney Adam Swickle and was greeted by his brother, TMZ said. Ochocinco, who changed his name back to Chad Johnson after marrying Lozada earlier this year, did not reply questions thrown by reporters waiting outside the facility. He walked right away to a waiting SUV.
According to the AP, Swickle told the reporters that the athlete has been ordered not to contact Lozada. This is common in the case of domestic violence.
Meanwhile, Lozada has also been discharged from the West Side Regional Hospital that same morning. She reportedly had lacerations on her forehead and was treated at the ER for several hours. Words are, she is staying with close friends.
No word yet on a court date. If convicted, Ochocinco faces a maximum penalty of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine with possibility of community service, probation or anger management classes.
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover