Chad Ochocinco Released From Jail, Wife Released From Hospital
Chad Ochocinco was released from jail on Sunday, August 12 morning after posting $2,500 bail. He was arrested on Saturday night for allegedly head-butting wife Evelyn Lozada during a heated argument.
The NFL star walked out of Broward County jail at 10 A.M. with his attorney Adam Swickle and was greeted by his brother, TMZ said. Ochocinco, who changed his name back to Chad Johnson after marrying Lozada earlier this year, did not reply questions thrown by reporters waiting outside the facility. He walked right away to a waiting SUV.
According to the AP, Swickle told the reporters that the athlete has been ordered not to contact Lozada. This is common in the case of domestic violence.
Meanwhile, Lozada has also been discharged from the West Side Regional Hospital that same morning. She reportedly had lacerations on her forehead and was treated at the ER for several hours. Words are, she is staying with close friends.
No word yet on a court date. If convicted, Ochocinco faces a maximum penalty of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine with possibility of community service, probation or anger management classes.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics