Chad Ochocinco Released From Jail, Wife Released From Hospital
Chad Ochocinco was released from jail on Sunday, August 12 morning after posting $2,500 bail. He was arrested on Saturday night for allegedly head-butting wife Evelyn Lozada during a heated argument.
The NFL star walked out of Broward County jail at 10 A.M. with his attorney Adam Swickle and was greeted by his brother, TMZ said. Ochocinco, who changed his name back to Chad Johnson after marrying Lozada earlier this year, did not reply questions thrown by reporters waiting outside the facility. He walked right away to a waiting SUV.
According to the AP, Swickle told the reporters that the athlete has been ordered not to contact Lozada. This is common in the case of domestic violence.
Meanwhile, Lozada has also been discharged from the West Side Regional Hospital that same morning. She reportedly had lacerations on her forehead and was treated at the ER for several hours. Words are, she is staying with close friends.
No word yet on a court date. If convicted, Ochocinco faces a maximum penalty of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine with possibility of community service, probation or anger management classes.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'