R. Kelly Pulls Out of Concert Cruise for Not Getting Paycheck
R. Kelly is not going to board a cruise ship he was scheduled to perform in due to money problem. A representative for the R 'n' B singer said he has canceled the "Love Letter" gig because the promoter did not pay him as agreed.
Kelly was originally booked to play two shows during a five-day trip in October organized by Concerts Cruise LLC. The plan was for Kelly to stay on board during the trip from Miami to the Caribbean. Guests will watch him up close at his exclusive black tie reception and get access to private meet and greet.
But Kelly has now pulled out of it, saying through his rep, "R. Kelly had been looking forward to the cruise and was ready, willing and able to perform for fans. He is sorry for any disappointment but plans to see his fans very soon on a U.S. tour."
According to TMZ, Concerts Cruise will give refunds to customer.
More R. Kelly News
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'