Rihanna Makes a Splash on Beach for Barbados Tourism Photo Shoot
While Nivea claimed Rihanna's sexy image was too much, Barbados Tourist Authority thought otherwise. The officials tapped the chart-topping singer as a spokesmodel to promote tourism in the country, and she has kicked off photo shoot for the campaign.
The Grammy-winning singer was spotted hitting the shores in the country and frolicking on the beach for the campaign earlier this week. She wore a white long dress in one setting, and rocked a yellow halter-neck outfit in another.
"Rihanna has signed a three-year contract with the Barbados Tourist Authority (BTA) to promote the island. According to BTA chairman Adrian Elcock, production on the promotional campaign is expected to begin soon and will be launched in September, in time for the winter tourist season," Barbados Free Press reported.
In addition to having the government-sponsored campaign, Riri gave Oprah Winfrey's fans a tour around the country when she appeared on "Oprah's Next Chapter". In a Q&A session, she was grilled with questions about her former boyfriend Chris Brown. "It was embarrassing it was humiliating," she said of their infamous altercation. "I lost my best friend."
More Rihanna News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation