Mika Stuck on Writing in 'Celebrate' Music Video
Mika has released a music video in support of "Celebrate", the lead single off his upcoming album "The Origin of Love". It opens with the British singer-songwriter sitting in front of a piano, seemingly trying to compose new music, but having trouble in writing the lyrics. After a pile of torn papers, he forgets his frustration and dances among other people in a club.
The clip was directed by BB-Gun and shot in New York. For the song itself, Mika enlists the help of Pharrell Williams who lends his vocals in addition to writing it. "Written by me, Pharrell and Fryars and produced by [Empire of the Sun's] Nick [Littlemore], this kind of collaboration is only possible when everyone throws themselves into it wanting to have fun and without any ego," the "Blame It on the Girls" singer said of the track.
Mika's third studio album "The Origin of Love", where the single will appear, is due September 16. "It's an album about crazy love songs and tolerance," he gushed.
The 28-year-old musician recently confirmed he's gay, and his new songs were about his relationship with a man. "If you ask me, 'Am I gay?', I say 'yeah'. Are these songs about my relationship with a man? I say 'yeah'," he told Instinct Magazine. "And it's only through my music that I've found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the context of just my lyrics. This is my real life."
Mika's "Celebrate" Music Video
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'