Mika Stuck on Writing in 'Celebrate' Music Video
Mika has released a music video in support of "Celebrate", the lead single off his upcoming album "The Origin of Love". It opens with the British singer-songwriter sitting in front of a piano, seemingly trying to compose new music, but having trouble in writing the lyrics. After a pile of torn papers, he forgets his frustration and dances among other people in a club.
The clip was directed by BB-Gun and shot in New York. For the song itself, Mika enlists the help of Pharrell Williams who lends his vocals in addition to writing it. "Written by me, Pharrell and Fryars and produced by [Empire of the Sun's] Nick [Littlemore], this kind of collaboration is only possible when everyone throws themselves into it wanting to have fun and without any ego," the "Blame It on the Girls" singer said of the track.
Mika's third studio album "The Origin of Love", where the single will appear, is due September 16. "It's an album about crazy love songs and tolerance," he gushed.
The 28-year-old musician recently confirmed he's gay, and his new songs were about his relationship with a man. "If you ask me, 'Am I gay?', I say 'yeah'. Are these songs about my relationship with a man? I say 'yeah'," he told Instinct Magazine. "And it's only through my music that I've found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the context of just my lyrics. This is my real life."
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap