Mika Stuck on Writing in 'Celebrate' Music Video
Mika has released a music video in support of "Celebrate", the lead single off his upcoming album "The Origin of Love". It opens with the British singer-songwriter sitting in front of a piano, seemingly trying to compose new music, but having trouble in writing the lyrics. After a pile of torn papers, he forgets his frustration and dances among other people in a club.
The clip was directed by BB-Gun and shot in New York. For the song itself, Mika enlists the help of Pharrell Williams who lends his vocals in addition to writing it. "Written by me, Pharrell and Fryars and produced by [Empire of the Sun's] Nick [Littlemore], this kind of collaboration is only possible when everyone throws themselves into it wanting to have fun and without any ego," the "Blame It on the Girls" singer said of the track.
Mika's third studio album "The Origin of Love", where the single will appear, is due September 16. "It's an album about crazy love songs and tolerance," he gushed.
The 28-year-old musician recently confirmed he's gay, and his new songs were about his relationship with a man. "If you ask me, 'Am I gay?', I say 'yeah'. Are these songs about my relationship with a man? I say 'yeah'," he told Instinct Magazine. "And it's only through my music that I've found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the context of just my lyrics. This is my real life."
Mika's "Celebrate" Music Video
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off