Mika Stuck on Writing in 'Celebrate' Music Video
Mika has released a music video in support of "Celebrate", the lead single off his upcoming album "The Origin of Love". It opens with the British singer-songwriter sitting in front of a piano, seemingly trying to compose new music, but having trouble in writing the lyrics. After a pile of torn papers, he forgets his frustration and dances among other people in a club.
The clip was directed by BB-Gun and shot in New York. For the song itself, Mika enlists the help of Pharrell Williams who lends his vocals in addition to writing it. "Written by me, Pharrell and Fryars and produced by [Empire of the Sun's] Nick [Littlemore], this kind of collaboration is only possible when everyone throws themselves into it wanting to have fun and without any ego," the "Blame It on the Girls" singer said of the track.
Mika's third studio album "The Origin of Love", where the single will appear, is due September 16. "It's an album about crazy love songs and tolerance," he gushed.
The 28-year-old musician recently confirmed he's gay, and his new songs were about his relationship with a man. "If you ask me, 'Am I gay?', I say 'yeah'. Are these songs about my relationship with a man? I say 'yeah'," he told Instinct Magazine. "And it's only through my music that I've found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the context of just my lyrics. This is my real life."
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'