'Victorious' Canceled After Three Seasons, Creator Asking Fans Not to Be Angry
Another Nickelodeon show is coming to an end. After canceling "iCarly" earlier this year, the network has just announced it pulls the plug on "Victorious". "Nickelodeon will not be moving forward with production on a fourth season of Victorious following the final season that will premiere this fall," the children's channel said in a statement.
The network added, "We are very proud of the show, its very talented cast, and our audience will continue to see many of them in upcoming new Nickelodeon projects." The third and last season premiered in January this year, but there are 15 new episodes left before the show takes its final bow.
Soon after Nickelodeon announced the cancellation, creator Dan Schneider took to Twitter and his blog to address it. Stressing that it was the network's decision, not his, Schneider pointed out that "almost all Nickelodeon shows have a life of about 60 episodes," so "Victorious" cancellation after its 60-episode run isn't unusual.
"I would love to have made more than 60 of Victorious, but that's how it usually goes," he wrote. Claiming that the decision about "Victorious" had nothing to do with "Gibby" or "Sam & Cat" which were recently picked up by the network, he said, "I know that some of you are upset and angry - and while I feel terrible about that, I'm also flattered by it."
"But I ask that you please not be angry with Victoria, or Leon, Liz, Ariana, Avan or ANY of the Victorious cast members or staff," Schneider pleaded with fans. "They all wanted Victorious to continue - so did I."
Another Schneider-created series "iCarly" will wrap up its last season in November. Some of the stars, Jennette McCurdy and Noah Munck, will headline spin-off shows, "Sam & Cat" and "Gibby" respectively. McCurdy will star opposite "Victorious" starlet Ariana Grande in the former show.
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'