First Look at Russell Crowe as Ark Builder 'Noah'
A very-first look at Russell Crowe as the titular prophet in Darren Aronofsky's "Noah" has made its round onto the web. Furrowing his brows, the Oscar-winning actor is pictured sporting unkempt hair and a gray beard and rocking a shabby robe complete with a fingerless glove.
"Noah" has been Aronofsky's passion project from a long time. The "Black Swan" helmer started penning the script in 2004. Shortly before filming the biblical epic in Iceland last month, he excitedly tweeted, "I dreamt about this since I was 13. And now it's a reality. Genesis 6:14 #noah."
However, the Oscar-nominated filmmaker once said his interpretation of the ark builder was quite different from the one pictured in the Old Testament. He told Los Angeles Times that Noah in his movie would be the "first environmentalist," a man who was tormented by survivor's guilt after living through the devastating flood.
Revealing that his version of Noah would not be the same as thought at Sunday school classes, Aronofsky described the father of Shem, Ham and Japheth as "the first person to plant vineyards, drink wine and get drunk."
He added, "I was stunned going back and realizing how dirty some of those stories are. They're not PG in any way. They're all about sleeping with your brother's sister who gives you a child who you don't know. That kind of stuff got censored out of our religious upbringing."
To open in the U.S. on March 28, 2014, "Noah" also stars Anthony Hopkins as Noah's Methuselah, Douglas Booth as Sem, Logan Lerman as Ham, Emma Watson as Ila, and Jennifer Connelly as Naameh.
More Noah News
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host