Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Highest-Earning Couple of 2012
When it comes to big money, Jay-Z and wife Beyonce Knowles are the winning couple. Forbes has revealed its 2012 list of "Highest Paid Celebrity Couples", putting Jay-Z and Beyonce at number one with a combined $78 million income.
Despite taking a maternity leave, Beyonce still receives paycheck from the royalty of her old hits. Topped with her album sale, endorsement deals and other ventures, she raked in $40 million between May 1, 2011 and May 1, 2012. Her husband earned his money from latest album with Kanye West, "Watch the Throne" as well as other non-music ventures. He added $38 million to their bank account.
Taking the second position is last year's richest couple, Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen who now settle at joint $72 million. The supermodel pocketed $45 million in a year through the numerous high-profile modeling jobs. Brady filled the gap with his four-year contract with New England Patriots and several modeling gigs.
Also in the top 5 are David Beckham and Victoria Adams, Brad Pitt and Angelina as well as Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith.
More Jay-Z News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist