Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Highest-Earning Couple of 2012
When it comes to big money, Jay-Z and wife Beyonce Knowles are the winning couple. Forbes has revealed its 2012 list of "Highest Paid Celebrity Couples", putting Jay-Z and Beyonce at number one with a combined $78 million income.
Despite taking a maternity leave, Beyonce still receives paycheck from the royalty of her old hits. Topped with her album sale, endorsement deals and other ventures, she raked in $40 million between May 1, 2011 and May 1, 2012. Her husband earned his money from latest album with Kanye West, "Watch the Throne" as well as other non-music ventures. He added $38 million to their bank account.
Taking the second position is last year's richest couple, Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen who now settle at joint $72 million. The supermodel pocketed $45 million in a year through the numerous high-profile modeling jobs. Brady filled the gap with his four-year contract with New England Patriots and several modeling gigs.
Also in the top 5 are David Beckham and Victoria Adams, Brad Pitt and Angelina as well as Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child