Eminem Thanks Fans, Dedicates Song to Those Struggling With Personal Issues
Eminem credited his devotees for helping him battle an addiction to prescription drugs. In a concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom Thursday night, August 9, he dedicated his self-motivated song "Not Afraid" to others who've gone through the same ordeals.
The Slim Shady told the crowd that he "wouldn't have gotten out of that dark place without y'all." He then delivered his No. 1 single from his 2010 critically-acclaimed album "Recovery" as an ode "to anybody tonight who's been through personal struggles."
The Detroit rhymer rocked the house with a bunch of songs including fans' favorites like "Lose Yourself", "Love the Way You Lie" and "The Real Slim Shady". His performance was part of an event for G-Shock 30th anniversary party. It was opened by Slaughterhouse.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza