Justin Theroux Takes Helming Duty in Will Ferrell and Steve Carell's 'Swear to God'
Fresh off his screenwriting gig in "Rock of Ages", Justin Theroux has landed a new movie project. This time around, the boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston is set to not just write the script but also serve as the director for an upcoming comedy called "Swear to God".
According to Deadline, Theroux will direct Will Ferrell and Steve Carell for the upcoming film, which is skedded to get into production in July 2013. Developed at Warner Bros. Pictures, the comedy project is produced by Ferrell and Adam McKay's Gary Sanchez Production.
"Swear to God" focuses on Ferrell's character who is a "narcissistic hedge fund manager who thinks he has seen God." Details of Carell's character are still unclear. Ferrell, who has just starred opposite Zach Galifianakis in "The Campaign", will jump into the project soon after reprising his iconic role as Ron Burgundy in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues".
The new comedy will mark Theroux's second directorial effort after 2008's "Dedication". The "Tropic Thunder" scribe was last seen starring opposite his girlfriend Aniston in "Wanderlust". As for Carell, his upcoming projects include "Burt Wonderstone" and voicing Gru in "Despicable Me 2".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed