Justin Theroux Takes Helming Duty in Will Ferrell and Steve Carell's 'Swear to God'
Fresh off his screenwriting gig in "Rock of Ages", Justin Theroux has landed a new movie project. This time around, the boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston is set to not just write the script but also serve as the director for an upcoming comedy called "Swear to God".
According to Deadline, Theroux will direct Will Ferrell and Steve Carell for the upcoming film, which is skedded to get into production in July 2013. Developed at Warner Bros. Pictures, the comedy project is produced by Ferrell and Adam McKay's Gary Sanchez Production.
"Swear to God" focuses on Ferrell's character who is a "narcissistic hedge fund manager who thinks he has seen God." Details of Carell's character are still unclear. Ferrell, who has just starred opposite Zach Galifianakis in "The Campaign", will jump into the project soon after reprising his iconic role as Ron Burgundy in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues".
The new comedy will mark Theroux's second directorial effort after 2008's "Dedication". The "Tropic Thunder" scribe was last seen starring opposite his girlfriend Aniston in "Wanderlust". As for Carell, his upcoming projects include "Burt Wonderstone" and voicing Gru in "Despicable Me 2".
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'