Justin Theroux Takes Helming Duty in Will Ferrell and Steve Carell's 'Swear to God'
Fresh off his screenwriting gig in "Rock of Ages", Justin Theroux has landed a new movie project. This time around, the boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston is set to not just write the script but also serve as the director for an upcoming comedy called "Swear to God".
According to Deadline, Theroux will direct Will Ferrell and Steve Carell for the upcoming film, which is skedded to get into production in July 2013. Developed at Warner Bros. Pictures, the comedy project is produced by Ferrell and Adam McKay's Gary Sanchez Production.
"Swear to God" focuses on Ferrell's character who is a "narcissistic hedge fund manager who thinks he has seen God." Details of Carell's character are still unclear. Ferrell, who has just starred opposite Zach Galifianakis in "The Campaign", will jump into the project soon after reprising his iconic role as Ron Burgundy in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues".
The new comedy will mark Theroux's second directorial effort after 2008's "Dedication". The "Tropic Thunder" scribe was last seen starring opposite his girlfriend Aniston in "Wanderlust". As for Carell, his upcoming projects include "Burt Wonderstone" and voicing Gru in "Despicable Me 2".
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction