Jeremy Renner Recalls Filming Death-Defying Motorbike Scene for 'Bourne Legacy'
Closer to the U.S. release of "The Bourne Legacy", lead actor Jeremy Renner took some time to share his unforgettable experience when shooting the high-octane actioner. The "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" actor recalled one intense chase scene where he and Rachel Weisz stormed the streets in Philippines on a motorbike.
"I'm happy that I didn't get injured," Renner told MTV News about the making of the 45-minute action sequence. "I'm pretty proud of that, because I did a lot of work to not get injured." Director Tony Gilroy elaborated further that the said scene was very dangerous since Renner was not allowed to use many of the tricks from modern action movies.
"The trick with the motorcycle chase and the whole chase is it's taking place in Manila, on the streets in real time in a real environment," explained the director. "You're not on a set, you're not anyplace else, you can't hide. You don't control anything, so it's like the fifth dimension of difficulty on there, and we were there for months shooting all that on the streets."
He continued, "To make that month happen, you have some people that are [on location] six and seven months beforehand getting stuff ready, building rigs, doing stuff, clearing permits... It's a military kind of operation."
The motorbike scene aside, Renner gushed that he loved filming hand-to-hand fight scenes for the fourth "Bourne" movie. He said, "Outside of that, I really enjoyed the hand-to-hand, the stuff you cannot fake, the stuff that cameras can't do any trickery to make look better or worse. So that's where I put a lot of time spent as well, into the hand-to-hand stuff. It's great way to sort of work out and not have to work out."
Opening nationwide on August 10, "Bourne Legacy" follows a new hero called Aaron Cross [Renner] whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films. The movie is poised to take over the top of box office from defending champion "The Dark Knight Rises" on its debut weekend.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake