Jeremy Renner Recalls Filming Death-Defying Motorbike Scene for 'Bourne Legacy'
Closer to the U.S. release of "The Bourne Legacy", lead actor Jeremy Renner took some time to share his unforgettable experience when shooting the high-octane actioner. The "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" actor recalled one intense chase scene where he and Rachel Weisz stormed the streets in Philippines on a motorbike.
"I'm happy that I didn't get injured," Renner told MTV News about the making of the 45-minute action sequence. "I'm pretty proud of that, because I did a lot of work to not get injured." Director Tony Gilroy elaborated further that the said scene was very dangerous since Renner was not allowed to use many of the tricks from modern action movies.
"The trick with the motorcycle chase and the whole chase is it's taking place in Manila, on the streets in real time in a real environment," explained the director. "You're not on a set, you're not anyplace else, you can't hide. You don't control anything, so it's like the fifth dimension of difficulty on there, and we were there for months shooting all that on the streets."
He continued, "To make that month happen, you have some people that are [on location] six and seven months beforehand getting stuff ready, building rigs, doing stuff, clearing permits... It's a military kind of operation."
The motorbike scene aside, Renner gushed that he loved filming hand-to-hand fight scenes for the fourth "Bourne" movie. He said, "Outside of that, I really enjoyed the hand-to-hand, the stuff you cannot fake, the stuff that cameras can't do any trickery to make look better or worse. So that's where I put a lot of time spent as well, into the hand-to-hand stuff. It's great way to sort of work out and not have to work out."
Opening nationwide on August 10, "Bourne Legacy" follows a new hero called Aaron Cross [Renner] whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films. The movie is poised to take over the top of box office from defending champion "The Dark Knight Rises" on its debut weekend.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris