Rick Springfield Given 3-Year Probation After Pleading No Contest in DUI Case
Rick Springfield settled his DUI case, more than a year after he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. The 62-year-old rocker agreed to plead no contest to reckless driving in exchange for his DUI charge to be dropped.
The "Jessie's Girl" hitmaker escaped jail time, but he was sentenced to a three-year probation, ordered to attend a three-month alcohol education course, and demanded to pay a fine as part of the deal. A progress hearing is scheduled in February 2013.
Springfield was pulled over near Pacific Coast Highway May 1, 2011. The Australian star registered a 0.10% blood alcohol level on a breathalyser, and threatened to kill the cop and his family when his 1963 Corvette Stingray was towed away.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger