Rick Springfield Given 3-Year Probation After Pleading No Contest in DUI Case
Rick Springfield settled his DUI case, more than a year after he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. The 62-year-old rocker agreed to plead no contest to reckless driving in exchange for his DUI charge to be dropped.
The "Jessie's Girl" hitmaker escaped jail time, but he was sentenced to a three-year probation, ordered to attend a three-month alcohol education course, and demanded to pay a fine as part of the deal. A progress hearing is scheduled in February 2013.
Springfield was pulled over near Pacific Coast Highway May 1, 2011. The Australian star registered a 0.10% blood alcohol level on a breathalyser, and threatened to kill the cop and his family when his 1963 Corvette Stingray was towed away.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce