Rick Springfield Given 3-Year Probation After Pleading No Contest in DUI Case
Rick Springfield settled his DUI case, more than a year after he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. The 62-year-old rocker agreed to plead no contest to reckless driving in exchange for his DUI charge to be dropped.
The "Jessie's Girl" hitmaker escaped jail time, but he was sentenced to a three-year probation, ordered to attend a three-month alcohol education course, and demanded to pay a fine as part of the deal. A progress hearing is scheduled in February 2013.
Springfield was pulled over near Pacific Coast Highway May 1, 2011. The Australian star registered a 0.10% blood alcohol level on a breathalyser, and threatened to kill the cop and his family when his 1963 Corvette Stingray was towed away.
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account