Rick Springfield Given 3-Year Probation After Pleading No Contest in DUI Case
Rick Springfield settled his DUI case, more than a year after he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. The 62-year-old rocker agreed to plead no contest to reckless driving in exchange for his DUI charge to be dropped.
The "Jessie's Girl" hitmaker escaped jail time, but he was sentenced to a three-year probation, ordered to attend a three-month alcohol education course, and demanded to pay a fine as part of the deal. A progress hearing is scheduled in February 2013.
Springfield was pulled over near Pacific Coast Highway May 1, 2011. The Australian star registered a 0.10% blood alcohol level on a breathalyser, and threatened to kill the cop and his family when his 1963 Corvette Stingray was towed away.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?