Rick Springfield Given 3-Year Probation After Pleading No Contest in DUI Case
Rick Springfield settled his DUI case, more than a year after he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. The 62-year-old rocker agreed to plead no contest to reckless driving in exchange for his DUI charge to be dropped.
The "Jessie's Girl" hitmaker escaped jail time, but he was sentenced to a three-year probation, ordered to attend a three-month alcohol education course, and demanded to pay a fine as part of the deal. A progress hearing is scheduled in February 2013.
Springfield was pulled over near Pacific Coast Highway May 1, 2011. The Australian star registered a 0.10% blood alcohol level on a breathalyser, and threatened to kill the cop and his family when his 1963 Corvette Stingray was towed away.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal