Whitney Houston's Authoritative Greatest Hits Album to Be Released in Fall
Good news for Whitney Houston's fans has just been shared. This fall, the late singer's first authoritative greatest hits album will be released in the United States on RCA Records, Billboard has confirmed.
RCA hasn't unveiled the tracklist as well as the title and exact release date for the upcoming compilation album. However, multiple sources claim that the record will be Whitney's first greatest hit album "to span her entire career and include the familiar hit versions of her Billboard chart-topping singles."
Whitney's first and only American hit set, "Whitney Houston: The Greatest Hits", was released in 2000 by Arista Records. Contrary to the upcoming RCA album, the previous one featured most of the diva's best-known ballads and remixes of her singles instead of presenting the original versions.
The 2000 album successfully became the fourth biggest-selling album in 2012 following Whitney's passing on February 11. So far, the greatest hits record has sold a cumulative 2.6 million copies nationwide, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Meanwhile, the soundtrack to Whitney's final movie "Sparkle", which will come out on August 17, has sold 12,000 copies in its debut week and placed twenty-sixth on the Billboard Hot 200. The album includes Whitney's collaboration with Jordin Sparks in "Celebrate" and a cover of "His Eye Is on the Sparrow".
More Whitney Houston News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns