Whitney Houston's Authoritative Greatest Hits Album to Be Released in Fall
Good news for Whitney Houston's fans has just been shared. This fall, the late singer's first authoritative greatest hits album will be released in the United States on RCA Records, Billboard has confirmed.
RCA hasn't unveiled the tracklist as well as the title and exact release date for the upcoming compilation album. However, multiple sources claim that the record will be Whitney's first greatest hit album "to span her entire career and include the familiar hit versions of her Billboard chart-topping singles."
Whitney's first and only American hit set, "Whitney Houston: The Greatest Hits", was released in 2000 by Arista Records. Contrary to the upcoming RCA album, the previous one featured most of the diva's best-known ballads and remixes of her singles instead of presenting the original versions.
The 2000 album successfully became the fourth biggest-selling album in 2012 following Whitney's passing on February 11. So far, the greatest hits record has sold a cumulative 2.6 million copies nationwide, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Meanwhile, the soundtrack to Whitney's final movie "Sparkle", which will come out on August 17, has sold 12,000 copies in its debut week and placed twenty-sixth on the Billboard Hot 200. The album includes Whitney's collaboration with Jordin Sparks in "Celebrate" and a cover of "His Eye Is on the Sparrow".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie