Amy Winehouse's Ex Blake Fielder-Civil on Life Support After Booze Binge
Amy Winehouse's former husband Blake Fielder-Civil was rushed to hospital and placed on life support after having a booze session with a friend. The 30-year-old suffered multiple organ failure and was placed in a medically-induced coma. "Terrible news about Blake this morning. Remember Amy loved him. Let's pray for his recovery," Amy's father Mitch tweeted.
Blake was found by his girlfriend Sarah Aspin choking on his own vomit in his bed Friday morning, August 10 in West Yorkshire, England. "I went to get up and heard a horrid scratching and grating breathing sound. I looked round and saw Blake lying there completely gray," she told The Sun. "His eyes were rolled back and his mouth was locked together."
Sarah yelled at Blake's booze pal, who was still in the house, and then called paramedics when he decided to run instead of helping. "They said his left lung was not working and they were trying to clear it," she said. "They let me in to hold his hand after 45 minutes. I found out later that they did that because they thought he was going to die."
A day before, Blake and Sarah were "so happy" and "talked about getting married." "Blake had a 1pm appointment with the probation service in Morley and said he might be late as he was meeting a friend," she said, "When he got home with this friend, he was slurring his words and staggering - I thought he was on something. I was very angry because he'd been doing so well."
Sarah and Blake, who have 15-month-old son together, met in rehab in 2009, the same year his divorce from Amy was finalized. "I am devastated, just devastated, at what has happened. I just want to cry all the time - but I have to be strong for our son Jack," she said. "I'm praying he'll survive, but I'm having to prepare myself that he may never wake up."
Amy, who married Blake in May 2007, died on July 23, 2011 after years of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance