Kathie Lee Gifford Angers Fans for Ripping Parents of Drug Addicts
Kathie Lee Gifford landed in hot water. The "Today" host came under fire from some fans for implying that parents of drug addicts were failures.
"I'm not a perfect mom," she said in an interview with Family Circle. "But my kids haven't been arrested, in rehab or kicked out of school, so I must be doing something right!"
"Shame on you Kathie Lee Gifford, shame on you. You are a thoughtless human being," one person wrote on her Facebook page. Another ripped her, "Poor parenting?? God bless you and your great parenting skills you suck at being educated on addiction."
There's also another who posted, "Parents are not always to blame for their children's successes or failures. Until you've walked in the shoes of parents of addicts, you need to keep your opinions to yourself or learn a little bit about the disease."
Another comment read, "I'm glad you never had to face any of your babies drowning in a disease they could not be cured from. I lost my baby at the age of 32 to a heroin overdose in Sept 2010. I am a doctor and worked hard my entire life to give her the best."
Other family of a drug addict joined the backlash, "Well Kathy, here is a pic of my little brother who we lost at the age of 33 yrs old due to a DISEASE called DRUG ADDICTION ...I find it funny we were both raised by the same woman called MOM ... I am NOT an ADDICT and NEVER was ... Poor parenting?? Gimme a break."
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl