'Breaking Dawn' Director on Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart Post Scandal
Many Twihards were devastated to find out that Edward and Bella's immortal love didn't extend beyond the screen when Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart broke up following her scandalous fling with married director Rupert Sanders. On the contrary, Bill Condon thinks it's not necessarily a bad thing.
"The fact is, these are actors playing parts, and maybe it's not such a bad thing that people be reminded of that," he tells EW for its fall movie preview. "Both of these actors gave heart and soul to the 'Twilight' movies, not only during shooting, but also by navigating so graciously the whole life-in-a-fishbowl aspect of the phenomenon."
The director, who helmed both "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II", continues, "Above all they have always shown great respect for the fans who made these movies such a success. Now it's time that some of that respect be returned to them."
The tryst between Kristen and her "Snow White and the Huntsman" director Rupert did not only end the actress' relationship with Robert but also rocked the filmmaker's marriage to Liberty Ross. The British model ditched her wedding ring when stepping out for the first time since the affair.
More Robert Pattinson News
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3