'Breaking Dawn' Director on Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart Post Scandal
Many Twihards were devastated to find out that Edward and Bella's immortal love didn't extend beyond the screen when Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart broke up following her scandalous fling with married director Rupert Sanders. On the contrary, Bill Condon thinks it's not necessarily a bad thing.
"The fact is, these are actors playing parts, and maybe it's not such a bad thing that people be reminded of that," he tells EW for its fall movie preview. "Both of these actors gave heart and soul to the 'Twilight' movies, not only during shooting, but also by navigating so graciously the whole life-in-a-fishbowl aspect of the phenomenon."
The director, who helmed both "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II", continues, "Above all they have always shown great respect for the fans who made these movies such a success. Now it's time that some of that respect be returned to them."
The tryst between Kristen and her "Snow White and the Huntsman" director Rupert did not only end the actress' relationship with Robert but also rocked the filmmaker's marriage to Liberty Ross. The British model ditched her wedding ring when stepping out for the first time since the affair.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign