'Breaking Dawn' Director on Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart Post Scandal
Many Twihards were devastated to find out that Edward and Bella's immortal love didn't extend beyond the screen when Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart broke up following her scandalous fling with married director Rupert Sanders. On the contrary, Bill Condon thinks it's not necessarily a bad thing.
"The fact is, these are actors playing parts, and maybe it's not such a bad thing that people be reminded of that," he tells EW for its fall movie preview. "Both of these actors gave heart and soul to the 'Twilight' movies, not only during shooting, but also by navigating so graciously the whole life-in-a-fishbowl aspect of the phenomenon."
The director, who helmed both "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II", continues, "Above all they have always shown great respect for the fans who made these movies such a success. Now it's time that some of that respect be returned to them."
The tryst between Kristen and her "Snow White and the Huntsman" director Rupert did not only end the actress' relationship with Robert but also rocked the filmmaker's marriage to Liberty Ross. The British model ditched her wedding ring when stepping out for the first time since the affair.
More Robert Pattinson News
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp