'Jersey Shore' Cast Unleash Their Political Animals in Funny or Die Video
Who says "Jersey Shore" members do not care about politics because Snooki does. In a new Funny or Die video, the pregnant star says, "I have a baby inside of me. I'm seriously worried about this country's future." Her castmates who were initially reluctant to touch the issue then start to share their opinions.
Sammi Giancola says she cares about the upcoming election but thinks "individual votes matter much less" nowadays, to which Vinny Guadagnino replies, "You guys realize that this type of apathy is damaging to our younger generations. If anything, our lessened influence is a self-fulfilling prophecy."
The "game theory logic" continues as Deena Cortese asks The Situation, "Hasn't Jersey been a reliable blue state in electoral politics so our influence as voters is muted at the federal level?" He agrees with her, "but keep in mind, there's still local candidates and valid initiatives that demand consideration."
"Where did you learn all of this s***?" a perplexed JWoww quizzes her co-stars. "Because you're oversimplifying an issue that's as much about the entrenched power structure in Washington as it is about individual voter detachment." The debate then gets a little out of hand and pillow starts to get thrown.
Snooki once again saves the day, "Everyone shut up! Look, I got a freakin' baby in me and I don't want him getting all agitated. A shore house divided against the South cannot stand." JWoww backs her beastie up, "She's right. I think there's one thing we can all agree on. It's important that we use our power for the 2012 election."
The discussion is not all about politics though. DJ Pauly D manages to insert a remark about Deena at one point, "I think I heard Deena self-fulfilling last night," before laughing her off and bumping fists with Vinny.
The video is part of MTV's "Power of 12" campaign to encourage youngsters to vote.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'