Jimmy Fallon Confirms He's Not Hosting 2013 Oscars
Jimmy Fallon has confirmed that he will not host the 2013 Academy Awards as previously reported. However, the late night talk show host did not deny during an interview with Matt Lauer on "Today" that he was being "considered" for the job.
"No, I'm not going to do the Oscars," Fallon told Lauer in a serious tone. "It's an honor to be asked by the academy, but it's not my year." Lauer was genuinely surprised by the answer and said, "Okay, we'll end on that note."
Rumors have been circulating that talks between Fallon and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have fallen through. ABC, which broadcasts the Oscars, reportedly objected to the fact that Fallon is the host of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". The NBC show is direct competitor of the Alphabet's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed