Jimmy Fallon Confirms He's Not Hosting 2013 Oscars
Jimmy Fallon has confirmed that he will not host the 2013 Academy Awards as previously reported. However, the late night talk show host did not deny during an interview with Matt Lauer on "Today" that he was being "considered" for the job.
"No, I'm not going to do the Oscars," Fallon told Lauer in a serious tone. "It's an honor to be asked by the academy, but it's not my year." Lauer was genuinely surprised by the answer and said, "Okay, we'll end on that note."
Rumors have been circulating that talks between Fallon and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have fallen through. ABC, which broadcasts the Oscars, reportedly objected to the fact that Fallon is the host of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". The NBC show is direct competitor of the Alphabet's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story