Jimmy Fallon Confirms He's Not Hosting 2013 Oscars
Jimmy Fallon has confirmed that he will not host the 2013 Academy Awards as previously reported. However, the late night talk show host did not deny during an interview with Matt Lauer on "Today" that he was being "considered" for the job.
"No, I'm not going to do the Oscars," Fallon told Lauer in a serious tone. "It's an honor to be asked by the academy, but it's not my year." Lauer was genuinely surprised by the answer and said, "Okay, we'll end on that note."
Rumors have been circulating that talks between Fallon and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have fallen through. ABC, which broadcasts the Oscars, reportedly objected to the fact that Fallon is the host of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". The NBC show is direct competitor of the Alphabet's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia