Jimmy Fallon Confirms He's Not Hosting 2013 Oscars
Jimmy Fallon has confirmed that he will not host the 2013 Academy Awards as previously reported. However, the late night talk show host did not deny during an interview with Matt Lauer on "Today" that he was being "considered" for the job.
"No, I'm not going to do the Oscars," Fallon told Lauer in a serious tone. "It's an honor to be asked by the academy, but it's not my year." Lauer was genuinely surprised by the answer and said, "Okay, we'll end on that note."
Rumors have been circulating that talks between Fallon and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have fallen through. ABC, which broadcasts the Oscars, reportedly objected to the fact that Fallon is the host of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". The NBC show is direct competitor of the Alphabet's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role