Video: Madonna Supports Free Pussy Riot During Moscow Concert
Another provocative action was presented by Madonna at her recent concert in Moscow, Russia. During her performance at the Olimpiyskiy on Tuesday night, August 7, the Queen of Pop made a speech and demanded Russian government to free the members of feminist punk rock band Pussy Riot, who were jailed for singing a protest against Vladimir Putin in a Russian Orthodox Church.
"I know there are many side to every story, and I mean no disrespect to the church or the government, but I think that these three girls - Masha, Katya, Nadya - I think that they have done something corageous," Madge told the crowds. "I pray for their freedom."
The superstar went on urging her devotees to support her as stating, "I know that everyone in this auditorium, if you are here as my fan, feels they have the right to be free." She then asked her fans, "Are you with me?" repeatedly, to which she was responded with screams of excitement.
After delivering her speech, Madonna stripped to a black bra and rocked a signature balaclava worn by Pussy Riot. She also showed off her back, which has the name of the punk rock band written on it, before delivering her hit single "Human Nature".
The Pussy Riot arrest case has stollen attention of various international musicians. Before Madonna, a number of artists including Sting, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Franz Ferdinand and Faith No More have showed their support to free the feminist group from custody.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support