Faith Hill and Tim McGraw Announce 'Soul2Soul' Shows in Las Vegas
Country music mega couple Faith Hill and Tim McGraw are set to rock Las Vegas. The married couple has announced on Tuesday, August 7 that they will throw a 10-weekend shows at the 1,815-seat Venetian Theater beginning from December 7 to April 2013.
"We are creating a show that will be completely different from what we've done before - and might ever do again," Hill said during a press conference at the Venetian. "In arenas and stadiums, you're always faced with the challenge of finding ways to make people feel closer to the action, no matter where they might be sitting."
"Now everyone will be close, so it opens up all kinds of creative possibilities and we're looking forward to exploring those so that we can really give our fans something truly special."
Venetian President and Chief Operating Officer, John Caparella, added, "It's not every day that Las Vegas welcomes such stellar star power to the Strip." He gushed, "Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are country music's first couple and we are proud to have such extraordinary talent. When they hit our stage in December it will surely be the hottest ticket in town."
The planned gig will be called "Soul2Soul". Being prepared for over a year, the show will be held only on the weekends to make things easier for the pair's children, Gracie, 15, Maggie, 13, and Audrey, 10, who attend school in Nashville.
"We will be parachuting in and out of the city. Our children are pretty thrilled for us though," Hill said. Agreeing with his wife, McGraw added that his teenage daughter Gracie "is hell on the poker tables."
The upcoming Vegas shows will mark the first time in six years that Hill and McGraw co-headlined a full concert together in the United States. McGraw promised that "the production is going to be very cutting edge," before adding, "We want to do really cool stuff, things that certainly we haven't done before, and probably some things that haven't been done before."
Hill has sold 30 millions records worldwide, while her husband McGraw has sold 40 millions. The power couple has combined a total of 8 Grammys, 14 Country Music Awards, 14 American Music Awards and 26 Academy of Country Music Awards.
Tickets for their anticipated "Soul2Soul" shows will be made available for pre-sales on Wednesday, August 8 and open to the general public Monday. More details can be obtained on the Venetian website's Soul2Soul page.
More Faith Hill News
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney