Faith Hill and Tim McGraw Announce 'Soul2Soul' Shows in Las Vegas
Country music mega couple Faith Hill and Tim McGraw are set to rock Las Vegas. The married couple has announced on Tuesday, August 7 that they will throw a 10-weekend shows at the 1,815-seat Venetian Theater beginning from December 7 to April 2013.
"We are creating a show that will be completely different from what we've done before - and might ever do again," Hill said during a press conference at the Venetian. "In arenas and stadiums, you're always faced with the challenge of finding ways to make people feel closer to the action, no matter where they might be sitting."
"Now everyone will be close, so it opens up all kinds of creative possibilities and we're looking forward to exploring those so that we can really give our fans something truly special."
Venetian President and Chief Operating Officer, John Caparella, added, "It's not every day that Las Vegas welcomes such stellar star power to the Strip." He gushed, "Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are country music's first couple and we are proud to have such extraordinary talent. When they hit our stage in December it will surely be the hottest ticket in town."
The planned gig will be called "Soul2Soul". Being prepared for over a year, the show will be held only on the weekends to make things easier for the pair's children, Gracie, 15, Maggie, 13, and Audrey, 10, who attend school in Nashville.
"We will be parachuting in and out of the city. Our children are pretty thrilled for us though," Hill said. Agreeing with his wife, McGraw added that his teenage daughter Gracie "is hell on the poker tables."
The upcoming Vegas shows will mark the first time in six years that Hill and McGraw co-headlined a full concert together in the United States. McGraw promised that "the production is going to be very cutting edge," before adding, "We want to do really cool stuff, things that certainly we haven't done before, and probably some things that haven't been done before."
Hill has sold 30 millions records worldwide, while her husband McGraw has sold 40 millions. The power couple has combined a total of 8 Grammys, 14 Country Music Awards, 14 American Music Awards and 26 Academy of Country Music Awards.
Tickets for their anticipated "Soul2Soul" shows will be made available for pre-sales on Wednesday, August 8 and open to the general public Monday. More details can be obtained on the Venetian website's Soul2Soul page.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune