First Gritty Trailer for Bin Laden Hunt Film 'Zero Dark Thirty' Premiered
Kathryn Bigelow's much-awaited Osama Bin Laden hunt thriller "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" has finally premiered its very first trailer. Presenting a look at a large-scale map with random black lines that lead the search to a mysterious place in Pakistan, the intense trailer centers on "the greatest manhunt in history." It additionally offers glimpses at the U.S. Navy's elite SEAL Team Six during their attempt to capture the Al Qaeda leader.
The movie about Bin Laden raid was previously developed under the working title "Kill Bin Laden". Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal had been working on the project even before Bin Laden was murdered during a massive attack by the U.S. army in Abbottabad, Pakistan in May 2012.
Speaking about why he and Bigelow decided to make such a controversial movie, Boal told Entertainment Weekly, "I'm fascinated by people who dedicate themselves to really difficult and dangerous things for the greater good." He added, "I think they're heroic and I'm intrigued by them. I'm fascinated by the world they inhabit. I personally want to know how they caught Bin Laden. All I can do is hope that it interests other people."
Boal insisted that there was no political agenda behind the based-on-true-story movie, stating, "There's no political agenda in the film. Full stop. Period." He claimed, "A lot of people are going to be surprised when they see the film. For example, the president is not depicted in the movie. He's just not in the movie."
Explaining the title "Zero Dark Thirty", director Bigelow said, "It's a military term for 30 minutes after midnight, and it refers also to the darkness and secrecy that cloaked the entire decade long mission."
The gritty movie will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on December 19. Lining up in the cast ensemble are Jessica Chastain, Joel Edgerton, Mark Strong, Edgar Ramirez, Chris Pratt, Jason Clarke and Kyle Chandler among others.
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6