Jennifer Lawrence to Have Love Affair in 'The Ends of the Earth'
After losing a role in "Lie Down in Darkness" from Kristen Stewart, Jennifer Lawrence has now secured another leading lady role in "The Ends of the Earth". According to Variety, the "Winter's Bone" actress is set to topline the romantic drama to be acquired by The Weinstein Company.
The drama itself revolves around the lives of oil baron Ernest and his adopted daughter Lydie Marland. Written by "Argo" scribe Chris Terrino, the story centers on the love affair between Ernest and Lydie which later destroys the business they have built together. Jennifer is cast as Lydie, who is described as an educated yet stubborn woman.
Being adopted by Ernest and his wife Virginia, Lydie later ends up becoming Ernest's wife following their affair. She urges the oil baron to raise workers' wages and give them easy access to medical care. She also gets the nickname "princess of the prairies" for her actions.
"The End of the Earth" is expected to begin the production in the summer of 2013. While it still hasn't found a director, the producing duty will be tackled by Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch.
Jennifer will be seen in a number of high-profile movies in addition to this romantic drama. She will reprise her notable roles as Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", and Mystique in "X-Men: Days of Future Past". She will also appear in David O. Russell's dramedy "Silver Linings Playbook" and Susanne Bier's thriller "Serena", which both also star Bradley Cooper.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie