Jennifer Lawrence to Have Love Affair in 'The Ends of the Earth'
After losing a role in "Lie Down in Darkness" from Kristen Stewart, Jennifer Lawrence has now secured another leading lady role in "The Ends of the Earth". According to Variety, the "Winter's Bone" actress is set to topline the romantic drama to be acquired by The Weinstein Company.
The drama itself revolves around the lives of oil baron Ernest and his adopted daughter Lydie Marland. Written by "Argo" scribe Chris Terrino, the story centers on the love affair between Ernest and Lydie which later destroys the business they have built together. Jennifer is cast as Lydie, who is described as an educated yet stubborn woman.
Being adopted by Ernest and his wife Virginia, Lydie later ends up becoming Ernest's wife following their affair. She urges the oil baron to raise workers' wages and give them easy access to medical care. She also gets the nickname "princess of the prairies" for her actions.
"The End of the Earth" is expected to begin the production in the summer of 2013. While it still hasn't found a director, the producing duty will be tackled by Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch.
Jennifer will be seen in a number of high-profile movies in addition to this romantic drama. She will reprise her notable roles as Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", and Mystique in "X-Men: Days of Future Past". She will also appear in David O. Russell's dramedy "Silver Linings Playbook" and Susanne Bier's thriller "Serena", which both also star Bradley Cooper.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!