Jaden Smith Shows Off Skateboarding Skill in 'Pumped Up Kicks (Like Me)' Video
Jaden Smith shows off his skateboarding skill in the music video for his new song "Pumped Up Kicks (Like Me)". Dropping the fun-themed clip on Monday, August 6, the 14-year-old son of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith took to his Twitter to share his excitement to his devotees, "MUST. WATCH. NOW."
Directed by Mike Vargas, the video shows the older brother of Willow Smith hanging out at the Los Angeles Skatelab Park with a large group of friends. Donning a dark shirt and animal-print tight pants, the young rapper can be seen skating and dancing in the black-and-white clip. The colors burst at the end of the video as Jaden and his friends leave the Skatelab and head to a beach.
"Pumped Up Kicks (Like Me)" will likely be included in "The Karate Kid" star's upcoming mixtape, which is due to come out sometime this fall. The song itself features a heavy sample of Foster the People's 2010 hit song of the same name.
Aside from planning to release a mixtape, Jaden is busy with his acting career. Along with his father Will, he's filming a sci-fi movie called "After Earth", which is set to arrive in theaters in the U.S. on June 7, 2013.
Jaden Smith's "Pumped Up Kicks (Like Me)" Music Video
More Jaden Smith News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'